CMS runs fortnightly Q&A virtual sessions for the Centre's researchers. We publish a synopsis of those sessions shortly afterwards. You can find all the information on this page.
CMS used to run weekly training sessions presenting computational and data related topics. Now we run a fortnightly Code Break sessions.
To get updates on our next training sessions sign up to our email list
All our training videos are available at our Youtube channel
- Python Basics (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Introduction to NCI
- Large Dataset Analysis with Jupyter
- Jupyter Introduction
- WRF at NCI
- WRF Q&A
- NCI Storage Monitoring 2019-10-02
- Licensing for Data and Software 2019-07-10
- Basic Python 2019-06-05 - 2019-07-03
- Analysing Big Data 2019-05-15 - 2019-05-22
- Data at NCI 2019-05-08
- Git Introduction old 2019-04-10 - 2019-04-17
- Git Introduction 2020-09-09 - 2020-09-16
- Bash Introduction 2019-03-13 - 2019-04-03
- WRF Introduction 2019-10-23 - 2019-10-30
- Setting up
For general programming training we recommend the material from Software Carpentry, a group whos focus is teaching researchers programming skills. Check with your University if they run Software Carpentry Workshops.