Create a plan
To create a plan, click the 'Create plan' button from the 'My Dashboard' page or the top menu. Select options from the menus and tick boxes to determine what questions and guidance you should be presented with. Confirm your selection by clicking 'Create plan.'
You will now have access to the 'write plan' interface. Currently we only one available template 'CLEX data template' so this will always be the same.
The tabbed interface allows you to navigate through different functions when editing your plan.
- 'Project Details' includes basic administrative details.
- 'Plan Overview' tells you what template and guidance your plan is based on and gives you an overview to the questions that you will be asked.
- Collaborators - you can use this add collaborators to your plan, defining their role. Differently from when you share a plan (see below), they do not need to have an account to be listed.
- The following tabs present each a set of questions for each of our three phases: 'Basic DMP', 'Provenance' and 'Publishing DMP"
- 'Share' allows you to invite others to read or contribute to your plan.
- 'Download' allows you to download your plan in various formats. This may be useful if you need to submit your plan as part of a grant application.
When viewing any of the question tabs, you will see the different sections of your plan displayed. Click into these in turn to answer the questions. You can format your responses using the text editing buttons.
Guidance is displayed in the right-hand panel. Not all the available guidance shows by default you can show/hide the available guidances by clicking on their headers.
Insert the email address of any collaborators you would like to invite to read or edit your plan. Set the level of permissions you would like to grant them via the radio buttons and click to 'Add collaborator.' Adjust permissions or remove collaborators at any time via the drop-down options.
The ‘Share’ tab is also where you can set your plan visibility.
- Private: restricted to you and your collaborators.
- Organisational: anyone at your organisation can view your plan.
- Public: anyone can view your plan in the Public DMPs list.
By default all new and test plans will be set to ‘Private’ visibility. ‘Public’ and ‘Organisational’ visibility are intended for finished plans. You must answer at least 50% of the questions to enable these options.
NB. to share with a collaborator they also need to have an account, you then share with the email they use for it.