There are two LAM levels being actively run, at 2.2km and 400m resolution. External boundary conditions come from BARRA, the BoM regional reanalysis
The two nest levels are run as individual Rose suites
- Mid level domain: u-bm651
- Inner domain: u-bn283
The period of interest for this experiment is the period around the landfall of TC Debbie, from 20170327T0000Z to 20170329T000Z. The 2.2 km domain has 24 hours of spinup, the 400m domain has 6 hours of spinup.
Temporary processed outputs for testing purpose are available at /g/data/w35/saw562/HighResLAM/output
- Pre-visualisation movie of cloud cover during 2.2 km domain spinup
- Poster image - Full resolution 1 pixel = 1 grid point, 400m surface types, 2.2km clouds at 3pm AEST 27 March 2017
Input data and raw outputs are available at /g/data/ua8/HighResLAM
- Due to the large domain size it was not possible to generate ancillary files for the full 400 m domain with standard tooling. Instead the files were generated in four quadrants, then the quadrants were combined into single files covering the full domain using Mule
- Due to memory and walltime limitations the spiral search used in the UM reconfiguration to give data to newly resolved coastal grid points was performed offline, by saving the input values to a file, running the existing algorithm on that file using a larger number of CPUs, then re-running the reconfiguration reading from the processed files instead of performing the spiral search online.