Coupled Model Intercomparison Phase: CMIP5 and CMIP6
NCI is now managing the CMIP collections as well as other ESGF datasets, on behalf of the climate community. We are still collaborating with NCI, CSIRO and BoM on specific points. This means all official communication around CMIP6 is coming from NCI. If you want to receive their regular updates you have to be part of one of the CMIP groups: oi10, al33 and rr3.
The information for CMIP data is available from the CMIP community space (see NCI communication below)
You will find there:
- how the data is organised on raijin
- links to the official documentation
- how to access the dataset
- how to cite the data
- available CMIP relative tools, services and training
This is a "community" resource so you can help in making it more useful by adding comments and feedback.
Home page and experiment description: https://cmip.llnl.gov/cmip5/
Reminder: CMIP5 data is not anymore accessible in the ua6 project. There are two new projects: rr3 for the Australian data and al33 for an updated replica of the other models. Refer to the CMIP community site for more information.
Home page and experiment description https://www.wcrp-climate.org/wgcm-cmip/wgcm-cmip6
Latest NCI update
Preparing for CMIP6: Transition to official CMIP5 data repository – al33.
26 February at 10:01 AM
Dear Climate Data Users, Reminder: access to 'ua6/NCI_replica_tmp' and 'ua6/unofficial-ESG-replica', including data accessed in 'ua6/DRSv2' will be removed on Thursday 28th Feb, 2019. As advised in our email on the 17th January, we are transitioning users from the old ua6 CMIP5 data over to the new CMIP5 project spaces of al33 and rr3.The first stage of this transition is completed with access to ua6/authoritative and the respective THREDDs access removed on the 14th of Feb. The current stage of transitioning involves:
- Updating ua6/DRSv2 to ua6/DRSv3 – The DRS symlink tree will be transitioned to an updated DRS tree calledDRSv3 that points to al33 and rr3 data. DRSv3 is already available and ready for use. Data linked in the old DRSv2 is retained for provenance purposes but will not be accessible.
- ua6/NCI_replica_temp and ua6/unofficial-ESG-replica – Filesystem permissions will be removed. This data is not official data and users are now transitioned to use the official and more complete CMIP5 replica in al33.
Updates to that above directory spaces will occur on the 28th of Feb – no further notifications will be distributed via email before then. More information on how to access the new data collection project and to view the complete schedule for transitioning from the old data in ua6 is available from the CMIP Community site. Remember to join the new projects to continue to access the data. If you have any questions then please contact Kate.Snow@anu.edu.au from the NCI Data Collections Team or via firstname.lastname@example.org.